Dr. Chirag A. Shah
Few Firsts of Dr. Chirag A. Shah
- First and only doctor in Gujarat with American Board Certification in both Adult Hematology and Medical Oncology – seven years of continuous training in USA at premier institutes.
- First successful Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant in private sector in Gujarat.
- First successful Autologus Stem Cell Transplant for Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Gujarat.
- First successful treatment of Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis, with direct thrombin inhibitor lepirudin
- Instrumental in setting up the First comprehensive private cancer center in Ahmedabad.
- Established First certificate course for Hematology training in Gujarat.
- First and only private hematology-oncology clinic with a trained counselor to help patients cope with diagnosis of cancer, and various treatment related issues.
- First to offer truly Multidisciplinary Opinion and Treatment to patients – Patients get input from a Team of all 3 cancer treatment specialists i.e. Medical Oncologist, Surgical Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist, providing Best Chance of Cure/Results
Trained in USA for 7 years, at Prestigious Institutes like Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, New York AND
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan.
M.D. Medical Oncology (USA)
M.D. Hematology (USA)
M.D. Internal Medicine (USA)
Diplomate American Board of Medical Oncology
Diplomate American Board of Hematology
Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
At present, DIRECTOR, Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplant, Apollo Hospitals International, Ahmedabad.
Chief Medical Resident at Wayne State University, Michigan for one year
Given several presentations/speeches/teaching sessions at various forums in India
Author of several articles for lay press on cancer awareness and education
Working on joint projects with US University
Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
Member American Society of Hematology
Member Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
Areas of Interest:
Stem Cell Transplant/Bone Marrow Transplant – Seventy four – 74- Stem Cell Transplants for various Hemato-oncological Diseases
Breast Cancer – special interest and Training
Head and Neck, Gastrointestinal, Liver, Lung Cancers
Author of a series on Breast Cancer and GastroIntestinal cancers
Non Chemotherapy Medicines
Deep Vein Thrombosis and Hypercoagulable States
ICU Hematology, Anemia, Thrombocytopenia
Shyam Hem-Onc Clinic, 402 Galaxy, Between Shivranjani and Nehrunagar,
Satellite Main Road, Ahmedabad 380015.
Phone: For appointment – 98988 31496; 079 26754001, 98243 12144, 98988 68503